Search This Blog

Saturday, August 3, 2013

TAWI-TAWI (ALORAN, MISAMIS OCCIDENTAL)


dusk

sunset


          In the east coast of Aloran lies Tawi-Tawi, a beach like so many others at first glace--black sand, panoramic scene, breath-taking sunsets--but a beach with a little secret hidden in its depths.
          So dramatic! hahaha! But really, I'm not kidding. I've been there hundreds of times now, since it's near my home, and I'm still fascinated with what this beach display.

     






    


my brother with a 10-pointed starfish


          Ta-dah! I'm telling you it's so nice in there! There are so many kinds of marine species you can see; that is IF THE TIDE IS LOW. It's not very far from the bay and the tide is low so you really don't have to swim just to see them. These pictures were taken when my cousins from Ozamis and Cagayan de Oro City visited us. They were so shocked to see countless of starfish in the ocean floor. At first they are hesitant to even touch them, but after telling them 'hundreds of times' that the starfish are harmless they did at last.

          Oh you just got to see them for yourselves! These pictures doesn't even show half of the beach's wonders. Sometimes my uncle who lives in this area invites us for a ride in his boat. We're like in the middle of the sea where you can't see any distant land anymore. It's a bit scary, but once you see the ocean floor--the water's clear enough--lying so vast before you, you'll be mesmerize with what you'll see...corals, anemones, sponges, schools of fish in different colors...we even found Nemo! hahaha! I'm sorry I haven't got photos though, my mom's afraid the camera will get wet so we left all our gadgets in the cottage. But you should check out this place. Enjoy and bon voyage!


No comments:

Post a Comment