Search This Blog

Sunday, August 4, 2013

PASUNGKO FESTIVAL (PAS'UNGKO S'G MISAMIS OCCIDENTAL)



          Street dancing, rituals, fireworks, beauty pageant and booths from 14 municipalities and 3 cities are the events that are most awaited by 'Misamisnons' when November comes for this is the time that they celebrate the 'Pasungko Festival'.













          Once I witnessed this festival last 2011, which was their declaration of Pasungko S'g Misamis Occidental as the official festival of the province. The festival was held at Oroquieta; the city was decorated with colorful banderitas and everywhere the busy streets are lined with food stalls and booths. There were so many people all over the place that it's hard to even find you way.

          Aloran, my hometown, is part of Mis. Occ., which means that we take part of the festival itself. Though I only saw it once--because I was in my last year in high school that time and now I'm in Cebu to finish my studies--I am so proud of our municipality because we won 1st place in street dancing and 4th place in ritual dancing out of 17 contingents; not to mention my younger sister was one of the tribal dancers that represented our town.

          Fireworks display was after the declaration of winners, by that time it's already nightfall and I definitely think that you'll like the different colored lights that illuminates the place if you go there. Enjoy and bon voyage!

No comments:

Post a Comment